Letter Home- Bruce Stanton

                                                                                                    December 1864
To my dearest Constance,
My men and I destroying a railroad in Atlanta.
      I was so delighted to hear back from you. I'm glad our children are doing so well, but I want to hear more from you, my dear. How are you doing? I still miss you very much. So much has happened and I keep going in hopes to see you again. I keep you in my heart every single day I am apart from you.
      I'm sure you have already seen the press, but we have victoriously raided the South! The North was feeling quite nervous since thousands of men were returning home, so we needed to do something. Truthfully, I wish I could have returned home, but I will win for this country. We had taken over Atlanta, Georgia, an important city for the South. Thanks to us the South can no longer produce and distribute weapons to their traitorous states! They can't even communicate with each other now, they would be much better off just uniting with us again. We took everything we wanted from Atlanta, turkeys, produce, guns, just anything. We burned down Atlanta, and the South seems pretty distressed over that. We had to send them a message that they can never try to rebel again. 
      I hope the war will be over soon. I love you and our sons very much. Tell father I said hello. I can't wait to hear back from you. 
                                                                                                              Love, 
                                                                                                        Bruce Stanton 

Comments

Popular Posts