Lincoln Shot Witness Insider (letter home) - Clarence Parsons

Dear parents,

You won’t believed what happened. You might’ve heard about it through the press and everything, you know, the whole Lincoln incident. Anyways, I was there! I saw it all happened and don’t worry, I made it out alive. I mean obviously, I’m writing you a letter. Well basically, I went to go see a play at Ford’s Theater in the capital last night. I’m pretty sure it was, “Our American Cousin.” And just 5 rows behind me was the President Lincoln himself and his wife, Mary Todd Lincoln. There was also this sweet young couple accompanying them, Major H.R. Rathbone and Miss Clara Harris. About half way through the show, a shot went off at around 10:20 pm. At first, I thought it was from the show playing but then I heard people screaming. I ducked down below my chair to make sure no other gun shots were gonna go off before I knew quickly that the coast was clear. But that one bullet hit someone very special as you might’ve known, Lincoln. I tried to help but everyone was crowded around him and I couldn’t even get through to get a glimpse at him. I could tell by the look on the show worker’s face that he was nervous and had no clue what to do. He asked politely if I could leave the movie theater and so I did.

Comments

Popular Posts