Letter Home 1861- Thomas Ward Sr.

Dear mom,
                  Things here are not going as good for the Union as we would have hoped. The southern is currently holding an advantage over us. They won the battle at Bull Creek but we will not let this be the outcome of the war. We will win this war no matter what it takes. We have acquired a general to lead us to glorious victory, his name is George McClellan and I know that he will do the right thing with the union and defeat the sinners of the south. Mother, I know that you were not the biggest supporter of me joining the war but I know that what I am fighting for is the right thing and I am willing to die for it.
                                                                                                                         Love you, your dear son,                                                                                                                                Thomas Ward

Comments

Popular Posts