Letter Home- Thomas Ward

Dear Emily,

         Hello, how long has it been since we last spoke? How is our child? Oh, how I miss him/her. Things are not easy here, I miss Boston so much. I am ranked a corporal for the Union. The was has only started. The Southerners seem so proud. Oh, how I hate them. What they are doing is so wrong but God will find a way to punish them for their wrongdoings. I realized that just writing news articles and publishing papers is not going to end slavery so, I decided to join the real war against it and save countless lives with God on our side. I am in an amazing regiment called the Devout Defenders, we all have the same goals and the same beliefs and know that what the south is doing is ever so wrong. You don’t know how much I miss you all. We will see each other soon I promise. I know you understand why it is that I am fighting.

                                                                                                                      Love you all, Thomas Ward

Comments

  1. Nice letter Corporal Ward! I'm sure you wife will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts