Military Life Insider Script -Clarence Parsons

Script/skit about military life:

Characters-

  • Joe (northerner, wants to fight in the war)
  • Joe’s Mom
  • President Lincoln (Union)
  • Union GVT



APRIL 15, 1861
Scene~Joe’s house

Joe: Hey, ma. I just saw an editorial about Lincoln recruiting 75,000 for an army! I would love to fight in the war!

Joe’s Mom: Why you’re just a boy still.

Joe: They said I’ll get paid too! Eleven dollars a month. This is my chance to be a man! You could use the money and I won’t be in your way all the time.

Joe’s Mom: You aren’t in my way. You’ve never once been in my way!

Joe: This is my chance to finally be a man and see what it’s like.


(Joe won and went off to war)



APRIL 19, 1861
Scene~Baltimore, Maryland

Joe: The battle hasn’t even begun and I heard gunshots go off in Baltimore. They said there were 11 casualties. (letter response back to mom)

JULY 21, 1861
Scene~on the battlefield

Joe: The Confederates are breaking our right flank! It's our first battle on land! I don’t know how long this war is gonna last now. I can’t believe civilians are picnicking to watch us fight.

President Lincoln: This war may be harder than we thought. 

AUGUST 5, 1861
Scene~Union Capital in Washington, D.C. 

Union GVT: We need to find a way to pay for this war somehow.

President Lincoln: What about a new tax law. It could fix a tax of 3% on incomes of more than $800 a year.

Union GVT: This is a great idea to raise money!


NOVEMBER 1, 1861
Scene~Union Gathering

Joe: Today, General Winfield Scott got replaced by General George McClellan as chief of the Union Army! He’s pretty cool. We call him “Little Mac”. He’s self-contained, youthful, and vigorous. (letter response back to mom)

Union GVT: Our expectations are for now on set high. Let’s go to war!






Comments

Popular Posts